Terms and Conditions
Micton Hobbies with the VAT number 4440255042 is incorporated in South Africa and trades as ‘Micton Hobbies’. For the sake of convenience, the name ‘Micton’ will henceforth be used.
All content on our website is owned by us or our content suppliers. On behalf of ourselves and our content suppliers, we claim all property rights, including intellectual property rights, for this content and you are not allowed to infringe upon those rights. We will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law anyone who attempts to steal our property.
You agree not to copy content from our website without our permission. Any requests to use our content should be submitted to us by e-mail from our contact page.
If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed upon by our website content, please notify us by sending an e-mail at our contact page., or by sending mail to us at the address listed below. Please describe in detail the alleged infringement, including the factual and legal basis for your claim of ownership.
PRICING AND PRODUCT INFORMATION
Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of pricing and product information. Instances may arise in which a product(s) are priced incorrectly on the website or where the product information supplied is inaccurate. Micton will not be held bound by the incorrect price(s) in cases where such error(s) occur. Due to fluctuations in exchange rates and consequent variances in our local suppliers’ pricing, as well as the occurrence of periodic supplier price increases, Micton cannot guarantee that the price at which an item is backordered will be the price at which the goods will be sold once stock has landed in South Africa. In such instances Micton will either refund the customer the price paid or charge the difference in price to the customer should the customer still wish to purchase the product(s). Micton will not be held responsible for errors in the product information supplied.
IMAGES AND MEDIA
Product Images, videos, and all media are used for display purposes only. Product media and content is supplied to us from the product suppliers and manufacturers. Micton will not be held bound by what additional accessories or extras are displayed in any of the media
VAT (VALUE ADDED TAX)
VAT is charged at 15%. All prices listed on www.mictonhobbies.co.za are inclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated. Goods that are exported outside of the borders of the Republic of South Africa do not carry a VAT charge. Whilst every effort is made to provide accurate estimates for delivery times, Micton is not liable for any delays in delivery that occur due to our preferred courier partners scheduling.
Our address is:
Unit 15 Tailormade Park
5 Henry Vos Close
All products sold by Micton are covered by a minimum of a six-month guarantee, reckoned from the date of purchase, to protect you against manufacturing defect only. In the majority of instances, the manufacturer of the product in South Africa endorses this guarantee. In such instances the manufacturer can be approached directly to affect the repair, or Micton will handle the entire repair process on behalf of the customer. Where a product is defective it is the responsibility of the customer to return the product at his or her own risk and expense to Micton. Micton will facilitate the repair or replacement and then ship the product back to the customer within the borders of South Africa, all risks and costs will be assumed by the customer. Micton is not obliged to repair products that fall outside of the six-month guarantee period, or products that are damaged accidentally, however, Micton in seeking to deliver the highest standard of customer service will gladly assist the customer in having the product repaired via the network of repair agents with which Micton has business dealings.
Stock of all goods on offer is limited. Micton shall take all reasonable efforts to discontinue the offer as soon as stock is no longer available. However, should items still be offered after stocks are sold, Micton shall only be liable to refund monies where it is unable to fulfil orders at advertised prices. Where goods are advertised as having an estimated delivery time, or are on backorder, Micton is not responsible for delays on these estimates. These estimates are merely guidelines and may shift with stock availability and supplier scheduling.
Micton abides by a strict privacy and confidentiality policy. No credit card information is stored on our website – it is processed securely via “Payfast” or “Pay-Flex” should the client choose either of these gateways. We will use the information you give us to process your order and keep you informed of its progress, to give effect to your payment instructions, to deliver your purchase to you, and to meet any warranty information required by our suppliers. If you choose to subscribe to our free newsletter, we will use any additional information you choose to give us for the following purposes:
1. to contact you with special offers from time-to-time;
2. to advise you of new products, supplier offers, instruction courses, upgrades, and other benefits which directly address your own areas of interest or pastimes;
3. to bring you exclusive information about special, discounts, close-outs, sale items, and similar offers;
4. to enter you automatically into competitions where you can win an array of exciting prizes on a regular basis.
PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS
Credit card payments.
Credit Card payments can be processed thru either “Payfast” or Pay-Flex”. At the time of placing the order, the transaction details are presented to the bank and an authorization is obtained for the order. As a protection against fraud, Micton reserves the right to request ID documents, credit card billing statements and photocopies of any credit card used to make purchases on Micton. Micton reserves the right to refuse to ship orders to customers refusing to make such information available or whose information is suspicious in anyway. Micton Hobbies accepts payments from Mastercard and Visa credit cards only. We, unfortunately, do not accept American Express (Amex) or Diners. At the time paying for the order, the transaction details are presented to the bank and an authorization is obtained for the amount of the order. As a protection against fraud, Micton reserves the right to request ID documents, credit card billing statements and photocopies of any credit card used to make purchases on www.mictonhobbies.co.za. Micton reserves the right to refuse to ship orders to customers refusing to make such information available or whose information is suspicious in any way.
Payfast is a secure and trusted payment gateway in South Africa that offers various payment options.
These Payment options include:
Credit & Cheque Cards
Credit and cheque cards issued by Visa and Mastercard are the most popular and trusted online payment methods around the world. Including South Africa.
Instant EFT by PayFast allows online shoppers with access to internet banking to make an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) that gets instantly verified.
Mobicred is an online account that gives you, the buyers access to credit, which you can use to pay online through PayFast.
Payments thru Mobicred are subject to individual credit scores and is not decided by Micton.
A free digital wallet from Mastercard that enables online shoppers to quickly and securely check out and make online payments.
Debit cards issued by Maestro and Visa Electron are still popular among many South African shoppers, and can be used to make online purchases through Payfast.
For more information on payfast, please visit www.payfast.co.za
Pay-Flex is another secure and trusted payment gateway in South Africa.
With Pay-Flex you get the option to split your payment into four payments spanning over a six-week period.
For more information please visit www.payflex.co.za
Bank deposit payments.
If a buyer selects to pay via bank transfer the following conditions apply:
1. the exact amount must be paid;
2. the payment must be identified by supplying the order number and/or surname in the reference section of the deposit slip or on the electronic transfer;
Bank Transfer (EFT) refunds . once an email with the order number, full banking details and request for refund is received, it may take up to 5 working days for the refund to be processed by our accounts department. Please send request for refund emails to email@example.com. If a refund forms part of a return, then the terms applicable to returns apply as well.
Note: Micton accepts cheques only in exceptional circumstances. All cheque deposits are subject to a clearing period. Micton will only issue refunds as per the method of payment originally utilized by the customer.
Refunds will only be given on items that have been backordered where Micton is unable to source the items or where items have been incorrectly supplied by Micton.
Store credit will be given on items that clients wish to exchange,
Returns are subject to the following conditions:
We will refund or exchange most goods if you return them within 10 days of purchase. You will need to provide your original invoice, so please keep this in a safe place. Goods returned after this 10 day period will attract a handling and restocking fee.
Returns are subject to the following conditions:
1. The products must still be in their original condition and packaging and you may not have used them at all.
2. The return is done so at the expense of the customer, who will cover all courier fees involved. This will be deducted from the product purchase price if a refund is required.
3. For an exchange, the client is liable for the courier fee for both the return and resending of the new replacement item.
4. The products are re-parcelled in a suitable cardboard box and sealed properly for the return journey. Please remember to put a copy of your invoice in the box.
Are any goods excluded from the 10 day refund or exchange policy?
Yes, due to certain applicable legislation or for reasons of cost efficiency. The goods we exclude from the 10 day return and exchange policy are:
1. Software and DVD’s are protected by copyright law. Unless there is a manufacturing defect in the goods, you can only return these goods if they are still in the original condition as sold and the packaging and plastic seal has not been unsealed or tampered with in any way.
2. Goods which have been ordered through special arrangement or custom order and which is not a normal stock item may only be returned if defective.
3. Goods which are sold as damaged, defective, used or repaired, where we disclosed these facts to you before you bought the goods.
What if the goods are unsuitable for the purpose I initially bought them for?
1. If you indicated a particular purpose for which you intend using the goods to a salesperson who confirmed that you will be able to use the goods for that purpose, you may return the goods within 10 working days after you purchased them if it turns out that the goods are not suitable for the purpose you anticipated and indicated to the salesperson.
2. Subject to our rights in law to charge you for use and to get the goods fit for re-stocking, we will give you a refund.
What can I do if the goods are defective?
1. If your goods turn out to be defective within the first 6 months after you received them from us, we will repair them, replace them or give you a refund. Please note that it may not be possible to determine in-store whether goods have been damaged or what the cause of a failure or defect may be. This is of importance as it determines whether the goods may be repaired, replaced or refunded. Accordingly, we reserve the right to refer returned goods for technical assessment by the manufacturer or authorised service centre prior to repairing, replacing or refunding and to provide you with feedback within 10 days of receipt of the returned goods and to act accordingly.
2. If your goods show a defect after the initial 6 month period, but still within the manufacturer’s warranty period, Micton will send the goods to the manufacturer for repair and the manufacturer will decide whether you have a valid claim and if so, whether they will repair or replace.
3. If the goods become defective once the manufacturer’s warranty has expired, we can arrange with the manufacturer or its agents to repair them. No repairs will be done without you approving a quotation first.
Are there any conditions that apply to manufacturer's warranties ?
As with all warranties, certain conditions and exceptions apply. Please take proper note of any terms or instructions that accompany your goods.
1. Defects that develop after 6 months may be repaired, replaced, or refunded at the manufacturer’s election, and subject to the relevant manufacturer’s policy or extended warranty.
In what instances may the manufacturer's warranty not apply?
The manufacturer’s warranty will only apply to defects in the process of manufacturing the goods and will not apply in the following instances:
1. damage caused by lightning or power surges.
2. damage caused by misuse or abuse to the goods.
3. goods used for a purpose other than the purpose for which they were manufactured.
4. goods used contrary to their instruction manuals.
5. accidental damage.
How will I be refunded?
Once we have accepted a return and approved a refund, you will receive the refund in one of the following ways:
1. Micton Voucher that will be loaded onto your Account Profile for future checkouts
2. Electronic transfer directly into your account (allow at least 72 hours)
3. Credit card (by reversal back to your credit card and subject to banking delays)
Can Micton assist me with out of warranty repairs?
Please contact our service division directly on 021 851 4049 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For internet orders, in order to request a return, this needs to be done within the 10 business day period. The following steps need to take place:
1. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com requesting the return or exchange. We will then confirm with you if we can arrange the collection.
2. We will then arrange that our courier, The Courier Guy, collects the parcel from you. Collections requested after 11AM will be arranged for the next business day (Mon - Fri).
3. If you are in an outlying area (e.g on a farm) or difficult to reach area, then an additional surcharge may apply.
4. Once the parcel has been received and inspected, we'll contact you immediately to verify that we have received the parcel. We will then go ahead with the refund or exchange.
5. Refunds will be loaded onto your profile and be available at future checkouts.
6. For exchanges, we'll notify you the moment the product/s have been dispatched and provide you with the tracking information.
(For faulty stock refer to our terms regarding warranty & repairs)
We use ARAMEX as our preferred method of delivery.
With sophisticated track and trace equipment, you can pinpoint exactly where your parcel is, from the moment it is dispatched by us, until it's safely handed over to you the recipient.
Your parcel is well packaged and bubble wrapped before delivery. Parcels are insured to a Maximum of R3,000.00, additional Insurance can be added to the parcel at a rate of 1.25% of the invoice total which will be billed to the customer.
We charge a flat-rate for shipping and the charges are per order.
Express Shipping to Main Cities @ R 175.00 incl. VAT (ETA of 1-2 Business Days)* - Main Cities are: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth and East London. Other cities/towns will take more than 1-2 delivery time. Express Shipping is limited to a Maximum of 20kg Volumetric (LxWxH) in cm divided by a factor of 4000 or by weight, whichever is greater.
Free Standard Shipping on orders exceeding R2,500.00 incl. VAT with a maximum weight of 10kg (Actual or Volumetric, whichever is greater) (ETA of 2-4 Business Days)* - To all major areas, certain rural areas may attract an additional surcharge.
*Reckoned from time of dispatch to time of arrival to client. This is an estimate and not guaranteed. This period does not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. This option is limited to parcel up to 25kg in Volumetric and Physical weight. Should the item/s exceed this weight, we reserve the right to increase the shipping charge accordingly.
Please Note: The above prices quoted are for ordering online through the Micton Hobbies website only. A different rate will be quoted if handled manually through our sales department. Our delivery service only runs from Monday to Friday. Saturday morning deliveries can be done by special arrangement only and at an additional charge. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. We reserve the right to re-quote the delivery fee should this become too expensive.
The manual published in terms of section 51 of the Promotion of Access to Information Act No 2 of 2000 may be downloaded from: http://www.acts.co.za/promotion_of_access_to_information_act_2000.htm
UPDATING OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website. It is the User’s obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates. The User’s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates.
Notwithstanding provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, neither Micton nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this web site or the services or content provided from and through this web site. Furthermore, Micton makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this web site are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free. Users are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors. This web site is supplied on an "as is" basis and has not been compiled or supplied to meet the user's individual requirements. It is the sole responsibility of the user to satisfy itself prior to entering into this agreement with Micton that the service available from and through this web site will meet the user's individual requirements and be compatible with the user's hardware and/or software.